10

25 April 2016

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur {Yomna's Review}




My rating: 4/5

If I had to choose one book of poems to read in my whole life I would probably pick this one. 
If you are a young feminist you are missing out on a lot if you don't pick this one up. The writing is absolutely enchanting and stunning. I cannot begin to express my admiration. 





It is quite fitting that next week in school is poetry week because it means I can share one of the poems in this book. They are so inspiring and the illustrations fit well with the words.


This book is about a lot of things. Loving yourself, healthy relationships, violence, healing, learning, and so many things of life. It makes me think about things that I am quite sure I would never think of on my own. This makes me think about the statement by CS Lewis, "We read to know we are not alone." because never have I related this much to a book. 

I flew through the pages and I am so sad that I read the ebook because I really want to buy it and be able to view the illustrations in better quality. 

The Writing: I actually read very little poetry, but I think now I will look into reading more in that area. I think I'm just used to silly rhymes and have yet to read a book like this where it is written in free verse. Anyways, the writing is absolutely lovely and I deeply enjoyed it and was ripping through the pages.



Deeply recommend it: I'm actually making Srishti read this but just beware because it does contain some mature content because it really doesn't hold back on anything. Worth the read, completely. 

Love,
Yomna

P.S. I'm so sorry that this review is short. I'm just so tired today. 
-------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. The best poetry book i ever read. And she recently announced her new book The sun and her Flowers

    I am looking forward to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree. I feel blessed to have found this book! And I am DEFINITELY going to read her next book!

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top