10

5 November 2016

United by Melissa Landers | Who knew an alien invasion could be so romantic? {Yomna's Review}


The treaty between Earth and L’eihr has awakened an ancient force that threatens to destroy them all. The Aribol, mysterious guardians charged with maintaining interstellar peace, deem the alliance a threat to the galaxy. They order a separation of the races, decreeing humans and L’eihrs must return to their own planets within the month or face extinction. In fact, they already have agents in place on Earth, ready to begin.

With the clock ticking, Aelyx and Cara assemble a team of colonists and race back to Earth, where they unite with old friends to solve the mystery of who the Aribol are, what they want, and the real reason the alliance has provoked them. As tensions build to a full-scale war, Aelyx and Cara must fight harder than ever―not just for their future, but for the survival of both their worlds.





Aelyx!!! All I know is that I want one!



I got so distracted from reading this book, by the time it came out I was reading A Torch Against the Night (Which I enjoyed immensely) and then there was Empire of Storms excitement, and this book got put into the back of my mind. However, now that I've picked it up and really enjoyed it, I do want to share some of my thoughts about it. 

This review is spoiler free for this book, not so much for previous books. Strongly recommend you read this series, I had so much fun with it.

This series is hilarious, from Aelyx's obnoxious comments about Cara's waist to hip ratio to so much more. Stolen moments, this story is amazing, fun, and very well written, start to finish. 

Cara is amazing. She's so feisty and cool. She reminds of me if I were better. She just does what she wants and she's outspoken sometimes which is something I feel like that I struggle with. But most important, she has good intentions, which I think justifies her passion. Cara is totally a scorpio. (Just like yours truly!)

Aelyx was amazing. He was such a great mastermind, and contributed so much depth and emotion to the story. As a love interest, he was incredible, because he was dynamic and distinct. He didn't just agree Cara on everything, which made their relationship feel real and interesting. 

I loved Elle and Troy in this book. There's quite some tension between them from the previous book, but in this book everything just goes bang all over the place. SO. GOOD. They were so adorable and kept on being pestered by Cara it was amazing. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this book! So fun to read. I very strongly recommend. 

Always and Forever,
Yomna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top