10

24 June 2017

Quick Reviews: It Ends with Us and Between Shades of Gray {Yomna's Post}


























Spoiler Free!



It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover


Spoiler free

This book was painful, but worth it. I really liked how Colleen dealt with the sensitive material that is domestic abuse. Going into this book, I didn't understand why women in situations where they are being abused never leave. However, Colleen achieved the impossible, prompting us to comprehend where these women come from. I was shocked and appalled at how much I really wanted an explanation or justification for the abuser's actions so I could forgive him, even though I knew what he did was terribly wrong. I really admire the main character's decision at the end. The kind of message and character that Colleen portrays is miraculous and I believe it is her best and most profound book yet.

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys 




Spoiler free

Between Shades of Gray is an incredible read. It chronicles the journey of Lithuanians who get deported to Siberia. Their plight is painful, and yet simultaneously inspiring. The main character's voice is so honest and true. It resonated with me and is an incredible way to tell the story. It's personal, and I felt every loss that Lina suffered. Best of all is her perseverance under unimaginable circumstances. I think this story is not one that gets told a lot about WWII, and one I certainly didn't know about, so I think its significance is unquestionable. 

What have you been reading recently? What did you think of these reads?

Love,
Yomna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top