10

9 August 2017

The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye | A More than Satisfying Conclusion {Yomna's Review}


Rating 4/5

Mild Spoilers!



What a phenomenal read! I was anxious to read this book because I thought that this series was a trilogy not a duology, so I was annoyed and not looking forward to waiting another year. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this series is in fact a duology. Thank goodness! I have too many series to wait for besides this one. 

This book was good, but not as good at The Crown's Game. It was still amazing though! I think the main issue was Nikolai spent most of this book not being himself, and he was one of my favorite characters so it was a definite turn off. Vika, however was phenomenal. She's such a spunky character and it's definitely cool to see how powerful she is. Pasha didn't shine as much in this book. I was really annoyed at him when he chose to order Vika not to use her magic unless ordered to. That was frankly a moment when I would've liked him to stand up to his sister! It would've been fantastic character development. Instead we get sudden declarations of change from Pasha and no concrete evidence. No offense, Pasha. 




I was also a bit annoyed by the love triangle aspect. For me, it’s very difficult to imagine loving two people at the same time, so it’s always a struggle. Vika’s feelings for Pasha were quite a lot to swallow, to be honest.

The best thing about this book was definitely the magic. This book is the epitome of why I love fantasy. It’s so magical and uplifting I just can’t help but swoon. It has the same magic thrill of The Night Circus combined with great romance. I must say that it is a fantastic conclusion to this series, I could not have wished for a better one!




Overall, this series has been a supreme enjoyment and pleasure and I would recommend it to anyone yearning for a wonderland-type fantasy. 

Thanks,
Yomna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top