10

2 April 2018

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo | OH MY GOODNESS I'M IN LOVE {Yomna's Review}

Fun fact, I actually painted this myself in art class. (What an artist I am!) 

SPOILERSS Free (There is one quote from the book though)

My rating: 5/5

If you thought Shadow and Bone was good, boy are you in for a surprise!



The time between me deciding to read this book and actually reading it was huge. I've had this book checked out from my school library since November. I repeat, November. That's 4 months, guys!!! That's how much of an amazing failure I am. I feel like I've disappointed myself and the book community. 

I cannot express how happy I am that I finally read this. This is the kind of book that you need to read before you die. It's just fun, action-packed, diverse, well-written...I literally cannot find enough positive adjectives for this book. And even if I did, nothing would be enough to describe the amazingness of this book. 

My favorite character in this book was definitely Inej. I loved her little peculiarities and her idealistic beliefs. They seem so out of place in this little crew of criminals and yet her presence was so perfect and admirable. I feel like her very existence was a blessing to this book, she's just such a well-written character. 

This book takes you well beyond the limited bounds of Ravka. In Six of Crows, not only do you see a set of main characters with diverse backgrounds and ethnicities, they also have dynamic personalities and attitudes. There is someone for everyone to fall in love within this book, and for me, that was Inej. (Mattias is a close second). Honestly, the representation and characters in Shadow and Bone are literally nothing compared to those in Six of Crows. Leigh Bardugo has improved drastically and managed to pack a fast-paced, interesting, and well-built novel into a longer than average page count, which is a remarkable feat to pull off. I don't think there was a moment in this book where I felt bored and wanted to put the book down. Beyond that, the feeling that you get while reading this book is definitely unique. I felt so attached to the characters, so hooked on the story, it was an unbelievable experience. This is the best book I've read this year so far. 



Kaz is AMAZING. His scheming and plotting are on point and gave me flashbacks to Aelin from Throne of Glass. I really liked how Leigh Bardugo didn't reveal the plots before Kaz did, it just added this whole other layer of intrigue, of what will he do next? to the story. 

The relationships in this book were perfect. All of the pairings were my otp. Not only that, but just the way the characters are written makes them seem so real and so easy to connect with, I loved it. It's hard to write a showstopper book like this, and I must say Leigh Bardugo COMPLETELY pulls it off. 

I can't wait to read Crooked Kingdom (at the same time I'm more than a little nervous and sad to be done with this story), on Goodreads it has an even higher rating than this one, so I'm intrigued. Honestly, duologies are so underrated. The same fun, less waiting. I'm excited to see what Leigh Bardugo has in store in the second book! 


What did you think of Six of Crows? 


Thanks,
Yomna

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! I think I'll start this series soon.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top