10

22 July 2016

Graceling by Kristin Cashore {Yomna's Review}



My rating: 4.5/5


Not in a good mood today. Do you ever wish to divulge all of your secrets to the world so you can be free of the weight you carry? I'm in that kind of mood today. Unfortunately, I'm the only one who can carry my own worries. 

Anyways, let's get to it! This book was freaking amazing. I absolutely loved it. It took me TEN days to read it because I was distracted but I finished it and I'm absolutely glad I did. 

Katsa is an incredible character. It's such a wonderful thing to see so many strong female characters in YA. I mean YA is basically dominated by female heroines. I haven't read a book with a male lead in a while. And it's not because I'm sexist or anything like that. It's just that with the rise of feminism there are just so much more new releases with female leads that I pick up.

"When you're a monster, she thought, you are thanked and praised for not behaving like a monster."

I really liked that Katsa didn't want to get married. Not that getting married is a bad thing, of course not. But I find myself thinking more and more that I don't want to be tied to someone that way, and I like that this book portrayed that. Marriage is not for everyone. That's just the way it is. 

Katsa's fierceness is what I live for. She's just so great and awesome. She's also not perfect, and we grow with her as the book progresses. 

"When a monster stopped behaving like a monster, did it stop becoming a monster? Did it become something else?"

Prince Po is perfect. At first I was a bit turned off by that name, but I have grown to like it. His character is so entertaining and fun to read. The romance between him and Katsa was so good and steamy. 

The political aspects of this book were greatly written and felt real to me. The supporting characters like Bitterblue and Skye were awesome, funny, and had endless depth. 

Overall lovely read, I recommend it a lot!!!

Love,
Yomna

"She loved Po. She wanted Po. And she could never be anyone's but her own."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top