10

25 July 2016

Since You've Been Gone {Yomna's Review}


It's so gorgeous *sighs*


This review contains spoilers and weird funny (at least I hope so) references to the book that you might not understand.

My rating: 5/5

A compelling and emotional novel about the importance of friendship and taking risks. 

Let me be Frank (if you don't get it, you clearly haven't read this book) with you guys, to me, summer is the season for contemporary (this is the only contemporary I've read this summer so far *awkward laugh*) and that's the main reason why I picked up Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. I definitely didn't expect to love it as much as I did, so it was a pleasant surprise. 

“I don’t think you have to do something so big to be brave. And it’s the little things that are harder anyway.” 

The plot of this book is definitely very interesting, with the whole list thing. It definitely drew me in. And when I started reading the book, I fell in love with Emily's character, because she felt so relatable and real

At first, I thought Sloane's character was kind of an asshole. No particular reason, it's just that there were so many questions about her and I felt like she would be the kind of character Emily loved then realised how bad she was. Anyways, now I really like her. As a human being, she messed up, but now she understands. 

I love that this book's focus is friendship. So many books focus on romance, and friendship as a topic is often overlooked, when it is just as important, maybe ever more important, than romance. Friendship is something I personally have struggled with, because I've moved several times in my life, so it's good to see that in the books I read. 

Now let me Frank with you, again, I love Frank. He's the cutest cookie ever. (It's totally TOTALLY normal for me to call someone the cutest cookie ever. #dontjudge). But seriously though, he was such a kind, sweet, character. I mean, it was adorable when they were going skinny dipping and he blushed. Adorable.

“He looked right at me as he gave me a half smile. "You're the brightest thing in the room", he said. He lifted his hand from my waist, and slowly, carefully brushed a stray lock of hair from my cheek. "You shine".

This book goes right on my list of favourite contemporaries along with The Problem With Forever by Jennifer L Armentrout, and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. 

Love,
Yomna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top