10

24 July 2018

Cress by Marissa Meyer | One word: EPIC {Yomna's Review}


My rating: 5/5

Welcome to my quick review of this AMAZING READ! Spoilers! (SORRY)



What I liked:
  • First, we had Cinderella, and then Little Riding Hood, and now Cress as Rapunzel. I've read quite a few retellings of Rapunzel, and this is definitely not only the best but the newest and most original.
  • I'd be lying if I didn't say that one of the best things about this book is that Cinder and Kai Finally admit their feelings to each other. Three books built up to that scene and it did NOT disappoint! 
  • Thorne. That's it, I love Thorne. 
  • The comical moments in this book were AMAZING! Exhibit A is below, and there are so many other examples that I could quote. It made this book tense but also hilarious. 
  • The world remains fascinating and incredible. I love the space setting, the futuristic technology, and I thought Cress's hacker skills were so cool! One of my favorite things about the Lunar chronicles is how unconventional the skill sets of the characters are. I mean, in how many books is the princess a mechanic?

What I didn't like / What I'm anxious about: 
  • Literally, nothing
  • Okay, I am very worried about my baby Scarlett, I wish I could reach over my phone screen (I'm reading the series on ebook) and give her a warm hug, to be honest. 
  • Also, I think Winter is quite creepy (this isn't a bad thing about the book just a sign of good characterization), but I can't wait to read her story in the final book!
  • Levana must go, definitely. 
Anyways, that was my baby review of Cress by Marissa Meyer! It was honestly a fantastic read and had me so invested and involved in the plot and the characters! Can't wait to continue with Fairest and Winter (but I also don't want it to be over :()

2 comments:

  1. AHHH I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH. So glad to know you are loving this and enjoying it so much. I loved this one too. Cress is such a darling and Thorne is just well, Thorne. He is wonderful. I was very concerned about Scarlet and Wolf here, who are my favourite couple. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt your concern too, this book was by FAR the most angsty of the whole series! And I think it is my favourite of the series as well! (Mostly because of Thorne).

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top