10

13 January 2018

7 Reads for a Gloomy Sunday Night























So I live in London, where we get a lot of dull, gloomy days. Some Sundays, when it's late afternoon, I want something good to read that's also effortless so I can have a fun, relaxing time, but I don't always find a good book that works for my mood. So, in hopes to alleviate your suffering (like the good angel I am), I am giving you 7 excellent reads for a gloomy Sunday night!


To all the Boys I've Loved Before

By Jenny Han

This is a perfect, cute, fluffy read for when you have what I call Reader Block, symptoms of which include not being able to read anything, no matter how hard you try. 




The Little Prince 

By Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

This is one of my favorite books of ALL time. The Little Prince is about a little prince (woah, no way!) from another planet who travels the universe, discovering the peculiarities of adult behavior. This book is truly a book for those of us who want to stay children forever and dream on. It's only about 100 pages, with pictures, and it is absolutely incredible. 

Ella Enchanted

By Gail Carson Levine

This is a great novel about a main character with genuine spunk and good heart, no matter the struggle. Again, one of my favorite books of all time!





Rebel Belle 

By Rachel Hawkins

This is a badass, original YA novel that flies! Literally, I didn't feel time when I was reading this! Strongly recommend this one if you're looking for something a bit funny, bizarre, and perfect. 
The Night Circus 

By Erin Morgenstern

This book is simply magical, whimsical, and just sweeps you off your feet. The magic in it is so immersing and it's a good read for when you want to truly be transported into a new world. 




All Our Wrong Todays

By Elan Mastai

What I love about this book is that it incorporates so many elements: family, romance, friendship, and transports them into a futuristic time travel story. It's a satisfying story about ambition, what it takes to be happy, and how no world is perfect. 


Stay With Me

By Ayobami Adebayo

This book is just incredible. It's very emotional, it's very significant, and really a must-read in my opinion. 









That wraps up my book recommendations! I really hope you find something that interests you because there's no greater tragedy than spending a Sunday evening bored and book-free. 

Thanks, 
Yomna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top