10

2 January 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday #4 | The Wicked King by Holly Black



Can't Wait Wednesday is hosted by Wishful Endings. You can click on the preceding link or the picture above to access the website. 

I just finished reading The Cruel Prince by Holly Black, check out my review hereThere are so many "Can't Wait Wednesday" posts about its sequel, The Wicked King, but I'm so excited as well so I thought I'd write a post about the reasons why.

I loved The Cruel Prince so much; I thought it was full of suspense and intriguing characters. The best part was that almost all the characters are morally grey and have a lot to go through before they become "good people". This makes me so curious to see how they will develop and change. The Cruel Prince was also very fast-paced and an easy read so I think I will enjoy the next book as well too!

Also, just look at the incredible cover! I feel like there's some hidden meaning in it and I can't wait to find out more!

Here is the synopsis for The Wicked King (Contains spoilers for The Cruel Prince)

You must be strong enough to strike and strike and strike again without tiring.

The first lesson is to make yourself str
ong.

After the jaw-dropping revelation that Oak is the heir to Faerie, Jude must keep her younger brother safe. To do so, she has bound the wicked king, Cardan, to her, and made herself the power behind the throne. Navigating the constantly shifting political alliances of Faerie would be difficult enough if Cardan were easy to control. But he does everything in his power to humiliate and undermine her even as his fascination with her remains undiminished.

When it becomes all too clear that someone close to Jude means to betray her, threatening her own life and the lives of everyone she loves, Jude must uncover the traitor and fight her own complicated feelings for Cardan to maintain control as a mortal in a Faerie world.


What are you excited for this week? Have you read or heard of this book? Tell me your thoughts!

16 comments:

  1. Cruel Prince was one of my favourites last year, so I'm really looking forward to this one too! Hope you enjoy it!

    What I'm Waiting On this Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome! I've gotta try this series! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should, it's so well-written and full of action! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I have quite a few blogging friends who love Holly Black, and they are all excited to read this. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's REALLY good, I think, and it's nice to part of the hype! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I'm going to have to get on the reserve list for this one at my library. I didn't love the first one but am curious enough to continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people had issues with it, and I definitely see their point, but I just liked the morally dubious characters most of all!

      Delete
  6. I have yet to read a Holly Black novel, but I have heard amazing things. I hope that you enjoy this one when you get the opportunity to read it. It does sound like it is going to be an interesting sequel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally check them out, especially if you like YA Fantasy with a touch of romance! She's a really good writer! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. VERY cool cover! I hope you enjoy this as much as The Cruel Prince!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I adore the cover as well, it's so interesting. I hope I enjoy it as well and strongly reccomend you check it out!

      Delete
  8. It makes sense to be excited about this book after loving the first one! I feel like a lot of people are anticipating this release right along with you. I am hearing about it everywhere :D

    My recent post: https://oliviascatastrophe.com/2019/01/december-wrap-up-2018/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, IT'S EVERYWHERE. It just got released a few days ago and spoilers are all over social media, hopefully I'll get to it before I get spoiled!

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top