10

8 August 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday #3 | King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
























Can't Wait Wednesday is hosted by Wishful Endings. You can click on the preceding link or the picture above to access the website. 

It was inevitable for me to pick King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo for Can't Wait Wednesday. I enjoyed the Shadow and Bone series and absolutely adored Six of Crows, so I can't wait to read Nikolai's story next. Leigh Bardugo's books have lately been stunningly perfect, and I don't doubt that it'll be the same for this one! Also, just look at that stunning golden cover! *swoons*. 

Nikolai Lantsov has always had a gift for the impossible. No one knows what he endured in his country’s bloody civil war—and he intends to keep it that way. Now, as enemies gather at his weakened borders, the young king must find a way to refill Ravka’s coffers, forge new alliances, and stop a rising threat to the once-great Grisha Army.

Yet with every day a dark magic within him grows stronger, threatening to destroy all he has built. With the help of a young monk and a legendary Grisha Squaller, Nikolai will journey to the places in Ravka where the deepest magic survives to vanquish the terrible legacy inside him. He will risk everything to save his country and himself. But some secrets aren’t meant to stay buried—and some wounds aren’t meant to heal.
 

Are you excited for this one too? I'm dying to get it! What do you think of the cover? 

22 comments:

  1. I'm super excited for this one too! I love Leigh Bardugo's books! It sounds awesome! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my list too. And the cover? It's wow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book. Great cover too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and Leigh Bardugo's writing is fantastic! It's definitely worth checking out!

      Delete
  4. OMG!!! i am dying to get this! It is my most anticipated book for 2019. Great pick!!

    My CWW Pick

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good. I haven't seen it before. Seems like such a long wait for it. I hope you get a chance to read it! Great pick!

    Mary my CWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty long wait I agree! Definitely check the series out though, it's great!

      Delete
  6. I'm really excited for this one too! I can't get over how gorgeous the cover is. :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I have never seen a cover this stunning! I'm sure it will look even better in real life!

      Delete
  7. I can't wait for this one either. I just finished the Grisha trilogy and Nikolai was my favorite character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Nikolai as well! Definitely check out Six of Crows if you haven't yet! It's another great story in the grisha universe!

      Delete
  8. I really need to read the Grisha trilogy. This book looks really interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you MUST read it! It's just one of those YA must-reads, to be honest!

      Delete
  9. This is a new to me author, but it sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is! Check her books out, she's one of my favourites!

      Delete
  10. I have only read Wonder Woman by Leigh Bardugo, but I have a couple of her earlier books on my shelf i want to read. This one sounds so good! I hope you enjoy it when you read it. I can't wait to read more by her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Wonder Woman yet but after watching the movie I'm really excited about the character and need to read the book! Her other books are honestly amazing, check them out for sure!

      Delete
  11. Though I hear so much about Leigh Bardugo, I haven't yet read any of her books. I feel like I'm really missing out though so hopefully I'll remedy this soon. :)

    Thanks so much for the Finding Wonderland visit, Yomna. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check out her books, they're epic! If you're in the mood for a rich fantasy YA, they're perfect! Thanks for stopping by as well!

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top