10

3 August 2018

Winter by Marissa Meyer | I need more of this beautiful world {Yomna's Review}


My rating: 4.75/5

  • Winter is a really satisfying conclusion. I don't feel heartbroken or disappointed like sometimes finales feel. On the contrary, I feel really happy with the story and what it has culminated in. Marissa Meyer is honestly just excellent. 
  • Cinder's character growth was the best part of the story. Cinder really becomes a badass queen in this book!
  • However, I am kind of uncomfortable with Wolf. Less about his physicality and more about the effects on his brain. It just seems like such a hard life to live with all these abnormal behaviors instilled into him. Also, for me, it doesn't seem logical that all this change is non-reversible. I mean Luna has all this technology it just seems ridiculous. Did anyone else think so? Is it just me?
  • The relationships are on point in this book. My favorite is definitely Cinder and Kai. They've come so far and I think their relationship is flawless. 
  • My favorite character of the series is definitely Thorne. He's comical and fun in the best of ways and times and I just absolutely adore him. 

Overall, this series has been fantastic and I strongly recommend it! My life is going to be so empty without Iko practicing her sarcasm! What was your favorite character and relationship? 

Thanks,
Yomna

4 comments:

  1. I agree! This is one of the most satisfying endings to a series which has come all the way through the being wonderful and ended. I really loved Cinder's development too. I was okay with how things ended for Wolf, especially after Stars Above because even though he has all these alterations he also just seems fine? But yeah, that is kind of brushed over. I am pretty sure they could think of a way to reverse it as well. But then again, when it comes to playing with the brain... things get complicated...

    My recent post: https://oliviascatastrophe.com/2018/08/6-mini-movie-reviews/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I absolutely absolutely adored this book! It was honestly so enchanting! Thanks for stopping by, Olivia!

      Delete
  2. Winter is one of the best books I've ever read. I feel so sad that there's not more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I just finished and I already miss the characters' spunk and humor! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top