10

26 March 2017

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor | Yomna's Review


Spoilers!



I really enjoyed this one. I’ve read one other book about angels before, and it was Fallen by Lauren Kate, and trust me, it’s NOWHERE as good as this one. In Fallen, I felt like the angels were cheesy and uncomfortable, but here… Oh my god. The world is great, the characters are charming, it’s just such a great read overall.

I loved Karou/Madrigal! I was really interested in her memories and flashbacks, it felt like I was being let in on a secret. The dynamic with Thiago was very interesting. I liked her when she was human too, her artistry was incredible to imagine, and she was a badass woman overall, crescent moon-shaped knives and all.

Akiva was adorably gorgeous. He’s such an untouchable person in the beginning, and then it turns out that he is extremely soft and cute inside. Ugh, I love good character development. Akiva was so well done, and so was the romance between him and Karou. The tension got me clenching my jaw all through the book, but how could it not be worth it?

How dare they hang me off the cliff through? (Haha, Cliff-hanger! Okay, I should stop making jokes) That was such a suspense ending. I refuse to believe that any of the characters are dead. I mean, it’s practically a given at this point, because what would be the point of having a sequel if it were otherwise? And yes, I know, the sequel could be about different characters or something else but don’t argue with me, okay. I can’t afford to think like that.

I strongly recommend this book! If you’re like me and you’re not exactly interested in books about angels, READ IT! It might change your mind! I always thought that angels in books were such a stupid concept, but this is good! 




forever and always, 
Yomna 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know... I guess if I had read it back when it had originally had come out, I too would have loved it, but I found after the first few chapters that they became the same as any other characters I'd seen else where. I loved the world, but I found their relationship predictable. Like any other books I had seen. I only surely loved the characters at the very end when the memories were unveiled. I found that part really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean. That is what the last book in this series felt like for me. However, I just fell in love with what I thought was an original story and that's what I liked most. How funny that you thought it was predictable and I didn't, I guess I'd just never read into the angels genre before so it was all new! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top