10

9 April 2017

Days of Blood and Starlight + Dreams of Gods and Monsters | Yomna's Review



My rating: 4/5
A more than satisfying conclusion!

This is a review of BOTH Days of Blood and Starlight & Dreams of Gods and Monsters! Spoilers! 



Daughter of Smoke and Bone was on my TBR, forever. TBR piles are such a complicated issue, and for me, they go hand in hand with procrastination. I always delay reading fantasy series especially, because it's a whole new world to get into, and it's always exhausting in the beginning. However, recently, I found Daughter of Smoke and Bone in my library, and I had no excuse but to pick it up. Check out my review of Daughter of Smoke and Bone here!

Briefly, the conclusion to this series was fantastic. I don't know why I waited so long to read this series, but I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Karou is amazing, and so are Mik and Zuzanna. They all shine and I adored them all. I also really liked Ziri and Liraz. The characters in this book are just incredible. Mik and Zuzanna's marriage proposal was epic! Goals :)

Liraz was amazing because of her cold, horrible exterior that eventually melts away. It was hilarious to see all her "feelings are stupid, I don't have them" thoughts change to "sh*t, I have feelings". And her and ZIRI, ON POINT. I could rant about this ship forever. Seriously, try me. 



Akiva and Karou

Yes, I must make a separate heading for Akirou (I kinda dig this ship name), because this ship tortured me throughout this book. 

Karou: Hey time for that kiss sce-
Akiva *gets taken* 

Karou: yess, time for that love scene
Akiva *destroys the sky with stupid magic*

SO MUCH TENSION. I'm not kidding. I withdraw every statement I have ever said about any other book having a lot of tension between a couple, Akirou takes it to another whole level. I had to wait AGES. And the worst part is that literally EVERYONE knows they're meant to be together except them! 

Exhibit A:

"The two of them were stoic and stone-faced and ten feet apart, currently not even looking at each other, but Zuzana had the impression of a pair of magnets pretending not to be magnets. Which, you know, only works until it doesn’t."

Exhibit B:

“Well,” Liraz said, her voice as dry as the rest of her was not. “At least you still have your clothes on.”

Need I go on?



I was so terrified when I was on page 400 (my ebook was 500 pages), and it looks like everything is starting to be peaceful but THERE'S 100 PAGES LEFT. Something bad was sooooo going to happen. That being said, I don't know how I felt about the whole, 'we are godstars' thing. It felt like that whole 50 pages of the book could've been a whole other book. I guess I'm okay with it though, because it made sense for me to think that their story wasn't really... over? 

The ending was fantastic. It left me smiling so widely. It was so sweet and fluffy and lovely! Akirou forever! What a great series, fantastically written. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top