10

24 April 2017

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern | The Circus you've always longed for {Yomna's Review}


My rating: 4.5/5

This book touched, comforted, and fascinated the dreamer inside me. 

No Spoilers!


STORY TIME! (Where I bore you with the most uneventful stuff in my life because I feel like it!) 

    Once, on a sunny day in May (possibly) I was at a train station in London. There's a lone bookshelf that you see as you go out, where there are books (whoa, a bookshelf with...books?). Most of them are used, and this time they all were. The bookshelf is for people to place their unwanted books in it in hopes that someone else more eager gives them a new home. In hopes of the possibility that they will be enjoyed and loved. So there I am, and I inspect the shelf optimistically, hoping I find something worthwhile. I run my eyes over the spines and caress the covers, examining each book carefully. My search is not unfruitful. I find The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, I book I'd heard wonderful things about before. The cover depicts a woman and man, and the way they are posed in elegant and exact. The woman's scarf blows in the breeze, and the man touches his hat. I don't know what they're doing. But I want to know. So I pick it up, frowning at the tears on the spine, and on the front and back. This book is well-loved, or well-hated. Regardless, the words inside seem blissfully intact. I bring it home and place on my shelf, take pictures of it, look at it. Do I read it? No. It stays on my shelf for a year unread. Until today! 




STORY TIME OVER. 

    What a great story though (I'm referring to the book not my story)! I think I'm glad I waited so much to read this book because I needed this book at this time. It's so magical, and just fantastical. It really does feel like a really good dream that I never wish to awake from. The Night Circus is the place you've always dreamed about, a place of magic and excitement, a place where all your dreams come true, where you can forget your worries. The way Erin Morgenstern writes the book is incredible and so vivid. Words cannot properly express the experience of reading this book. It felt like floating, hovering above reality. It felt good. This is definitely the kind of book that should be a classic must-read in the future. It works for everyone, I think, and It's just really well-written. 

    The characters are so amazing, with an air of mystery surrounding them. I loved Herr Thiessen. He was marvelous and creative and experienced the circus the way I experienced the book. Marco was on point, so was Celia Bowen. And together... perfection. It's the romance that everyone dreams of. The historical background also made it much more interesting because I think there's always something romantic about the past, and a different way of falling in love.

    All in all, fantastic everything. My favorite character would have to be Poppet, she's just so cool and badass and feisty. And I loved her with Bailey. They were so cute! Oh, young love. 

    I would recommend this book to everyone. I feel like you've got to read a book like this once in your life. 



2 comments:

  1. I read it so long ago that I can hardly remember what happens, but I know I loved it. I'd defiantly relive it, and I remember the ending I loved in a sort of painful but beautiful way. Its all very dreamlike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. Reading this book was just a magical experience. I want to forget it completely and go back and reread. It's one of those books I've always wondered why it hasn't become a movie because it's perfect for the medium.

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top