10

9 February 2022

Can't Wait Wednesday #9 | House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J Maas

Can't Wait Wednesday is hosted by Wishful Endings, click on the link to access their blog! Check out House of Sky and Breath on Goodreads!

Spoiler-free!

Here I am for my regularly scheduled Can't Wait Wednesday post for the upcoming Sarah J Maas release! It's no secret how much I love her books and every release gets me so excited! For this week, I am SO excited for House of Sky and Breath, the second installment in the Crescent City series by Sarah J Maas. My review of the first book is here, it's divided into a spoiler-free and spoilery section if you're thinking about reading this series!

First of all, let's admire this stunning cover! Hunt, the main love interest of House of Earth and Blood (book 1), is drawn in all his stunning glory. I'm not one for shirtless men on book covers, but I've got to admit this stands far, far away from the rest. For starters, the blue color is absolutely stunning and vivid. It's going to look so beautiful next to the red cover of book 1. Also, the art is just so detailed and intricate and the author has said includes some hints from the book so I'm so excited to discover what they are. Seriously, beautiful!!!! I'm hoping I can get a physical copy as soon as possible since I don't want to read it on ebook, but usually, books take a while to arrive in my country 😭 

Enough said, what do you think? If you don't like shirtless men on covers, would this make you reconsider?


Anyways, so why am I excited for this book? Well, I really enjoyed book 1 and I'm really looking forward to seeing the series and characters develop. I'm very intrigued by the urban fantasy setting of the book, which is different from Maas' other books. Also, I'm excited for more romance in this book, since book 1 didn't have too much (at least not for an 800 page book lol). Which brings me to my second reason for being excited, the length of the book. This book is another 800 pager and that makes me happy because for me, Sarah J Maas books are all about enjoying the journey. Enjoy character moments, banter, romance, etc. I've gotten so used to her writing I don't mind devouring a long book. Her books are HUGE comfort reads for me; I just can't wait to curl up with this book and a warm drink. I'm also so excited that I finally finished my exams and can reread book 1!

"Want to count my abs when we get home from the ballet?"

Hunt, in a teaser from House of Sky and Breath

This quote gets me so excited!


Overall, I'm just bursting with excitement for this book and I hope to get my hands on that blue beauty as soon as humanly possible. What about you guys? Is there a book you're dying to get in person?

Thanks,

Yomna

6 comments:

  1. That's such an awesome cover! Hope you enjoy this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fantasy reader but I have heard a lot of great things about this author! I hope you enjoy it. https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/02/cant-wait-wednesday-high-wire-heartbreak.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah her books are very high fantasy so if you don't like fantasy, they're probably not the best for you. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read this series yet but always look in awe whenever I saw the first book on the bookshelves at the store! Looks like book two's cover is no exception WOW. I hope you enjoy this book as much as the first! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT? The covers are absolutely stunning and book 1 is very good so I would recommend completely! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top