10

10 May 2017

When Dimple Met Rishi | A fresh story with diverse characters {Yomna's Review}


This book was so cute! Took me just one day to read it.

My rating: 3/5


When Dimple Met Rishi is about a girl called Dimple, who doesn’t support or understand her family’s traditions and doesn’t see marriage as a priority for herself. She wants to become a coder, and she gets an opportunity to attend a coding contest and meet her idol. There, she meets Rishi, a romantic, a firm believer in tradition. A dreamer of star-crossed love and marriage. Their worlds collide so that they might discover that all their beliefs about what world was limited to in possibility weren't true after all.

Positive thoughts:
  • Good-boy love interest.
  • Romantic love interest
  • Great writing. I found it quotable and concise, allowing me to really fly through this book.
  • Fast-paced
  • Feisty main character.
  • Some Indian traditions, culture and some basics learned about Hinduism.
  • Super cute and slightly steamy romance. I was rooting for the main characters and cared about their connection.
  • Very easy to get into

Negative thoughts:
  • Supporting characters weren’t GREAT. I found them to be rather flat and forgettable.
  • A bit of insta-love.
  • Typical rich mean kids. No villains I loved to hate, rather they were just…there. They weren’t charismatic enough to come off as truly evil and arrogant.
  • Switching POVs were a bit annoying at times.
  • A bit repetitive. The main characters kept repeating what their goals and beliefs were. I think it was supposed to feel like reassurance, but it was a bit too much.

·         Too much foreign language without translation. Sometimes I understood from the context, but sometimes I was just oblivious. And trust me, I tried.
Overall, I recommend this book but it was more of an airplane read for me. It was good, but I wasn’t obsessed with it. It’s a fresh story with diverse characters, and it was intriguing to read about their traditions and culture and how they are different from other contemporaries!




Thanks,
Yomna

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited about this one! Your review makes me eager to start it, despite your negative thoughts. I feel like a lot of these remarks (like forgettable side characters and repetitiveness) are too often present in YA contemporary these days. Too bad, really. But as I said, still excited to try this one!

    Maaike @ All These Lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You SHOULD be excited! It's honestly such a fun read! The main characters are so interesting and the diversity is great! Unfortunately, I wasn't in love as much as I thought I would. But I definitely still recommend it! I really hope you enjoy it more! :)

      Delete
  2. I really really enjoyed reading this book, and I really appreciate your review and how you broke your positives and negatives down. Awesome review!

    I'm new to blogging and book reviewing, and I was wondering if you had any tips for newbie bloggers and book reviewers.

    If you have the time, please check out my blog @breenysbooks. I'd love any feedback. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks so much for your comment! I'm flattered you think that I'm of experience enough to give you tips! I guess...just keep sharing and posting comments and interacting with people. I suggest twitter and Instagram and definitely bloglovin'.

      Have a lovely day! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top