10

16 July 2017

Avenged by Amy Tintera | An Epic Continuation {Yomna's Review}





My rating: 4/5 


Spoiler free!


AMAZING!!! 
I read Ruined in summer last year and let me tell you, it is literally the easiest fantasy book ever to get into. World building is fantastic and slowly builds up to intricacy. The action is so kickass and easy to follow and the romance is awesome. I usually get nervous when beginning a fantasy series because they can be very challenging to get into, but this one is a rare delicacy. I wish there were more fantasies like this in the world. 

Avenged is the second book in the Ruined trilogy and it is a masterpiece. The language isn't always the most sophisticated but its so easy to follow. The stakes are high and the dynamics between Ruina, Lera, and Olso were very interesting to see in this book. I also found Olivia to be really intriguing in her character development, as she slowly transforms into a sinister hate-fueled being. It's understandable, considering the conditions she's been under for years, and she reminds me mildly of Maven from Red Queen. She's the kind of character you love to hate. 




However, I've got to say, Emelina Flores really steals the show. Although she doesn't go through a lot of character development herself, her determination in maintaining her peaceful ideals remains a silver lining of this story. She becomes the base, to which everyone else is compared to, and I think she bore the burden well. 

Cas was also fantastic, and provided for some beautiful romance between him and Emelina. But besides that, his own advancement is admirable. I think he did a great job at staying grounded because there were moments when I felt like he was too perfect but this book really tries to bring forward his flaws and struggles. 

I'm very happy I read these two books and strongly recommend it to everyone thirsty for a badass YA fantasy.


Love,
Yomna

4 comments:

  1. You point out things that I never really thought about, like the gradual world building and language usage. Maybe that is why this series worked for me. I am primarily a contemporary reader, but a few SFF books will dazzle me, this could be one of the reasons. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am the opposite. I usually read fantasy but do reach for contemporary occasionally. My favorite books are usually fantasy.

      The language usage of this book was a tiny bit underwhelming for me, but I think Amy Tintera made up for it with really good world building and a really compelling plot! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This serie is in my TBR very interesting review darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top