10

28 August 2017

Re-reading Throne of Glass: Better the second time? {Yomna's Post)

























Spoilers!

Rereading books can be one of two things, an absolute pleasure or an absolute bore. Sometimes knowing the events and anticipating them can make for a better read because you pick up on all the tiny clues the author has strung along the story, which in a Sarah J Maas book, are plentiful. There are so many hints about Celaena being Aelin, Rowaelin's relationship, etc.. I failed to recognize these signs in my first read, so now I get the chance to really savor the experience. I have to say though, this series is definitely better the second time. I LOVED the books the first time but this time was even more satisfying. 

I was especially surprised by Crown of Midnight this time around! I found myself really liking Celaena with Chaol (TEAM ROWAELIN BTW) in the book. When I first read it, I was 100% devoted to Dorian. But Dorian and Aelin are much better friends, and it's nice to see a male/female platonic relationship in the series. I appreciated Chaol a lot more as a character, his decisions, feelings, thoughts, etc., which I guess puts me right on track for Tower of Dawn! I was also really surprised by how much more I noticed Nesryn and Chaol as a relationship. I ship them now more than ever! 



Overall, I haven't had this much fun rereading a series for a while. Especially one as long and intense as this one. My reading has definitely been interrupted by back to school happenings, but it's so entertaining to jump back into this world that I love so much. I forgot a lot since my first read which was May 2016, so now my memory is refreshed and I can move into Tower of Dawn with confidence. 

What about you? Will you/have you reread Throne of Glass in anticipation for Tower of Dawn? What did you think? 

Thanks,
Yomna 

2 comments:

  1. I have been afraid for the longest time to pick up any books by Sara J Mass because there was a real divide over the books. People really loved it, and others were saying it wasn't so good. I didn't really want to get attached to a series and then start hating it half way through. Butt.... seeing someone who has read a hell of a lot of books, I feel much better trusting your opinion and giving the book a go. I'll still be holding my breath until I finally finish one, but it'd be cool to know what so many people are hyped up on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand your fear, but I reccomend you go for it and judge for yourself. Most Throne of Glass aknowledge Sarah J Maas' shortcomings but respect her commitment to improvement in diversity and inclusiveness. A lot of other issues with her books can be seen from both the positive and negative view. I personally love her writing and her master story-telling, and I think there's a very good reason why she is so popular.

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top