10

10 December 2017

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell | Good but not excellent {Yomna's Review}



















My Rating: 3.5/5

Spoiler free!

This book was somewhat of a disappointment (also, I just learned today the disappointment has one s and two ps!). Why, you ask (I flatter myself that you care about my opinion.), well, it's because Eleanor and Park was too good, that's why. Honestly, if you've read Eleanor and Park, you know what I'm talking about. 

Anyways, this book is about Cath, who fangirls over a fantasy series called Simon Snow and her twin sister Wren. It starts at the beginning of college for them and chronicles their adventures (and misadventures). 




The plot in this book was pretty well-developed, however, I found it a bit slow. Also, the romance is too slow-burning for me. I didn't like it. In Eleanor and Park the romance was so quirky and cute, something that I found missing from this one. Also, I understand this book was supposed to bring into perspective the fangirl experience, how it literally swallows up your life, but this book just didn't do it for me. I just couldn't relate to Cath enough to really understand her journey. So yeah, very sad and upsetting. 

I will try to read Rainbow Rowell's other books, but I don't know....Kind of bummed out! Anyways, till next time!

Thanks,
Yomna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top