10

7 April 2018

Mays I Need #3 | It's possible I would sell my soul for these books {Yomna's List}


I don't know why or how, but I've found that books seem to peak around May. All these months of good books in small quantities, and suddenly, BOOM! My TBR is about to take a huge hit because there are too many books and so little time. So, I decided to continue my now three-year tradition of posting a 'Mays I Need post'! It's been three years! I feel old. There are 5 books on this list, so let's get into it!

Note: These books are in no particular order. I am most excited for the first book on this list, but the rest are equal. 
No spoilers!

#1) A Court of Frost and Starlight


I am shivering with excitement for this book! Just look at that gorgeous cover! I definitely think this cover is the best of the whole series. The previous book in this series, A Court of Wings and Ruin, left me very shaken. I honestly need this book more than I need oxygen. (Oxygen is overrated anyway)

Feyre Archeron is a badass character with tons of spunk and I can't wait to see what she's up to in this next one!

I would also like to point out that this is the third time an ACOTAR book has shown up on this list, so I'm feeling a bit sentimental!



#2) War Storm


I found King's Cage's ending to be a terrible cliffhanger and I can't wait for everything to be resolved! I've had a rocky relationship with this series but I always end up loving the books! Overall, I can't wait to embark on one last ride with Mare. It's been a long journey, and I'm ready but also anxious for it to end. 

I think that this series would've never worked as a trilogy, so it's nice that it got extended!







#3) A Reaper at the Gates



Note: This book comes out in June in the UK, but I know it comes out in May somewhere for another edition and I just thought it deserved a place on this list!

I must say, I am NOT a big fan of this cover change. People on books are usually the biggest challenge of all and this cover just doesn't do it for me. It just seems a bit cheesy, and I much prefer the first two covers! I don't know why they felt the need to change it?

Anyways, despite that, I'm sure Sabaa Tahir has as many epic stories in store for us in this book, and I can't wait to read it! I miss these books and the characters and it'll be nice to jump back in. 




#4) Allied


I love this series so much! It's just so easy to read and to get into and that's something I can definitely appreciate. I also love the romance in this series and all the other relationships so I just can't wait to read the finale. All the previous books in this series were a one-sit read for me!

Just look at that lovely cover! I really don't think it disappoints!









5) Furyborn


This is the first in a new Fantasy trilogy and the synopsis seems so interesting! Check it out on Goodreads here! I read Winterspell by Claire Legrand and really enjoyed it, so I have reason to think that I would enjoy this one as well. Overall, I'm into fantasy YA so I'm really excited!

Again, I applaud this cover design! It looks good electronically and I'm sure it will be even better in person. 






So that's it for this May! What are you excited for? It's going to be a great spring!

Thanks, 
Yomna

2 comments:

  1. So excite for ACOFAS! It is going to be epic! And Furyborn looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, so many good books! And the wait for ACOFAS is almost killing me!

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top