10

6 June 2016

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas {Yomna's Review}



CROWN OF MIDNIGHT BY SARAH J MAAS

My rating: 5/5


SARAH J MAAS HAS FREAKING LOST HER CHILL. 

OMG





What the hell just happened??!!! 

SJM, you are an utter genius. 

Okay, let's talk about that freaking plot twist. Did anyone see that coming? It caught me so off guard. Celaena. Sardothien. Is. Aelin Ashryver Galathynius. Just for the record, no, I did not actually remember that name. I had to google it. Points to SJM for the complicated name. Good job. 

My favorite part is definitely the part where she walks into the king's meeting with Grave's head (literally freaking cut off from the rest of his body), throws it in front of minister something-that-starts-with-a-'C', (how would you feel if someone threw a human head in front of you? A dead human head?) and then bows to the king, walks out like she doesn't give a shit. 


Celaena literally has no fs to give. She freaking doesn't care. I'm resisting the urge to swear in this post. You know you love a book when it makes you want to swear. 

Another favorite part was when Celaena actually killed Grave. I know I should think that it was violent and gross and just simply disturbing, but since we know Celaena as a character and are aware of her soft side, I find it hard to think so. Instead, I just find it badass. She's just so damn fast and strong. AND she's a girl. #Girlpower. Go forth, warrior queen. 

Now for the teams. I had managed to avoid spoilers all through this book, but after reading it last night while looking through reviews, I notice that a LOT of people shifted their allegiance from Dorian to Chaol in this book. And I don't get that. At all. 

It's not that I don't like Chaol. Because I do. Dorian is just better. I loved the part where she goes to his room and we see all his books and it's adorable because that's so me. And then he tells that she is always welcome in his little sanctuary and it's so cute. 

Chaol bores me. I remember in the first book when Dorian and Celaena had so many funny and cute moments, but I don't feel that she has that with Chaol. Celaena and Dorian's encounters made me laugh while when Celaena is with Chaol, I just keep imagining that same moment with Dorian and how funny it would be. Plus, Dorian's a prince, for goodness' sake!! And he has magic. She could marry him and Terrasen and Adarlan could be merged within each other, and they could make beautiful magical babies. #otp. Yes. I really would like to comb through some fanfictions to find a Celaena and Dorian fanfic, but I'm too afraid of the spoilers I might find. So I'm waiting until I'm done with Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadows. Anyways, so excited. 

I cannot BELIEVE Nehemia died!!! Nehemia was one of my favorite characters and I'm so sad. When she died, I actually felt like crying. It was a gruesome disgusting death for someone as beautiful and compassionate as her. 

I absolutely loved when Archer died. That A-hole deserved it. And I love how she got so insulted when he called her a good woman and felt like he had manipulated her when he hadn't. Ain't anybody gonna be messing with Celaena. Freaking. Sardothien. 


“Some things you hear with your ears. Others, you hear with your heart.” 

Perfection.

Another thing, I was really annoyed when Celaena was mean to Dorian. SHE said they could be friends but then she was like, Nah, I don't wanna talk to you. And I HATED, when she got with Chaol. HOW DARE SHE? How dare she do that to my poor Dorian? Okay maybe, it was a tiny bit cute, but it would've been ten times cuter with Dorian. Also I absolutely hated these lines: 

“What does that mean?" he demanded. 
She smiled sadly. "You'll figure it out. And when you do..." She shook her head, knowing she shouldn't say it, but doing it anyway. "When you do, I want you to remember that it wouldn't have made any difference to me. It's never made any difference to me when it came to you. I’d still pick you. I’ll always pick you.” 

HOW ABOUT NO? 

My dear, dear, dear, Celaena, you're going to not pick Chaol, marry Dorian, and have babies with him. And I will personally make sure it happens. Don't ask me how, and don't question my authority.

Love,
Yomna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top