10

17 June 2016

Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas {Yomna's Review} WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED??!





My rating: 5/5



Sarah J Maas, what the hell has just happened? Because I'm not completely sure myself. 

Omg, I did not see any of that coming. WHY????? 

I'm going to take a moment to figure out my thoughts. 

*takes a moment to figure out thoughts*

It's funny how I'm basically freaking out on the inside right now but on the outside I must look just as bored as someone doing her science assignment. 


Beware, this post does contain MAJOR plot spoilers and other details. Kindly leave right now if you haven't read the book yet. I would absolutely hate to ruin this wonderful experience for you. Please don't do this to yourself.

Okay

First of all, let's talk about Dorian. 

No. No. No. Absolutely no. Ain't nobody pulling off some twisted shit on my baby. No. Keep your crap the hell AWAY. 

Anyways, we know that at the end of this book, Dorian is turned into a weird dark creature, just like Captain Narrok (no, I'm not sure that that's the right spelling). The idea SCARES me. I love Dorian so so much and now he's this unnatural monstrous dark creature and that is scary and horrifying. I fear for my baby. 

Also, the king is AWFUL. In the previous books, you don't see too much of his evil firsthand, but in this book you do, and I've just now realized the extent of his crap. God knows what he'll be doing in the next books, but it definitely will NOT be good. 



SJM, you need to make some serious amends. There is a contract between a reader and a writer, and the only rule is that you don't break their hearts. Some writers have gone against that contract (*cough cough* Veronica Roth) and SJM, you need to make sure you don't go down that road. 

SJM's writing is brutal, lethal, crossing so many lines, making readers think deeply about things they could not imagine, and that's what makes her incredible. I mean, I just remember that part in the book where Manon literally spills a witch's throat (yes, you read that right) on the floor. SJM does not pull back where others would, and writes her story daringly, and that is something to admire, to an nonexistent end. 

“She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one.”

I want to talk about the different POVS. I've got to say that SJM does them perfectly. Although I was kind of annoyed when it was Manon's chapters, in the end I enjoyed them immensely. SJM gives us yet another set of characters to fall in love with and cherish. 

At the beginning of the book, Manon's mindset disgusted me. All the morals she embodied were sadistic and sick. It's the way that she thinks about death and hurting people that is just so creepy. In the end though, I loved Manon. I can see her becoming a better person and really embracing her heart. 

Celaena is fantastic. She just keeps on getting better and fiercer and stronger in every books. I love that about her. She is definitely in my top 5 list of female kick ass characters. 

I also love Aedion's character (please don't kill him, SJM), Chaol's, Sorsha, and of course Dorian. Supporting cast is on point in this book. They're all strong, independent, loyal characters that are so much fun to read. I feel that as a reader I can trust these characters. And let us not forget about Rowan, who proved to be an incredible character. I don't know if this is weird, but for a while there I kind of shipped him and Celaena together. But I don't think that's going to happen. Honestly, I have no idea what's going to happen to Aelin or Celaena anymore. SJM's writing is so damn unpredictable. 

Anyways, absolutely loved this book. It's been a great journey with these characters so far and I'm so excited to continue with the story with Queen of Shadows, so watch out for my review of that soon!

Love,
Yomna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top