10

26 September 2016

We're Stealing Snow! | {Yomna's Review}




My rating: 2.5/5

Thanks to Netgalley and Bloomsbury for allowing me to read a free copy of this book!

This review is spoiler free!



Helloooooo!

This book is about a girl called Snow (hence the title) who starts off in an asylum. She's crazy, has to take horrendous amounts of pills to control her consuming anger. One day, when her only friend in the asylum is kidnapped into another world, she goes, determined to find him. She's a princess, destined for a prophecy no one completely understands and can explain to her. This book follows her story as she is pitted against different and great threats. From witches to humans who can shift into beasts, this book is filled to the last page with fantastical elements. 

I really wanted to like this book. YA fantasy romance is exactly my type of story. However, I really did not like some elements of it. First, I'll talk about the positives: 

The story is creative, with the great plot, and incredible ideas. The romance was great! The main character was a bit too hesitant for my taste, but she was strong and well-built overall. The supporting cast are pretty well written. 

"Destiny wasn't exciting or romantic or epic. It was annoying."

However, the story was slow. It took 100 pages for me to start being interested in the plot, and even then, it was so slow burning I lost interest more than a couple of times. The main character really irritated me at times. All she cared about was the person she was trying to save. She's got a whole kingdom dependent on her and all she cares about it one person. 

Also, instead of the villain seeming actually scary or menacing to me, I just felt so unconnected to the character's struggle against them. 

Overall, I think this book would've been better had the plot been pulled tighter together. And who knows, it might've been, after all, this isn't the finished copy. 

I recommend this book to YA Fantasy Romance lovers. Even though I didn't enjoy it, doesn't mean you can't! So if you feel like you might like this book, by all means, try it, and tell me your thoughts. 

Sorry this review is short, this is all I can say without ruining the whole book!

I'm Yomna, thanks for reading my post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top