10

4 February 2017

Traitor to the Throne | The desert's blue-eyed bandit {Yomna's Review}






















My rating: 4.5/5
Freaking FANTASTIC

"It was like being caught in a wildfire, desperate for breath, like if we stopped we would extinguish."

Spoiler free!

Thank you so much to the publisher (Faber & Faber) for providing a copy of this book!

In a nutshell:
If you haven't read Rebel of the Sands, (My review here) what are you doing with your life, get off here and do that now! If you haven't read Traitor to the Throne yet, that's understandable, since it just came out yesterday (in the UK not sure about USA date), but you need to get on that immediately and as soon as possible. Both of these books are amazing and no one should miss out! 

I loved it:
This book is AMAZING. The characters, the plot, the feelings, everything was fantastic. SO well done. I loved Rebel of the Sands, but Alwyn Hamilton took it to a whole other level in this book, and it was FLAWLESS. 

I love Amani. She's ruthless, amazing, and brave. Her character is flawed but good. I just enjoyed reading her so much. 




My least favorite character was definitely the Sultan. I don't know why, but I always felt like he was too nice to Amani. I really wanted to see him as this ruthless horrible evil man, and he was, but he also seemed a lot more human than I expected. In a way, he made sense. Usually villains are untouchable and their actions are unimaginable, but with the Sultan, I almost felt like he wasn't that bad. (key word is almost)

Although, I do think he's horrible and hope Amani kills him extremely slowly in the next book, don't get me wrong. BLOODY REVENGE. 

The characters in this book were FANTASTIC. And I'm not kidding, they really were. Each of them was so dynamic, so full, so bursting with uniqueness, I just..... It was too good to be true. Except it was true! And I'm so happy. 

I really liked Ahmed. The dynamic between him and Amani is really interesting. Usually in books with revolutions in them, the soldier doesn't doubt the leader but Amani does in this book which makes it that much stronger when she is reassured of his character. Ahmed is a great person through and through, and I'm so ready to put him on that bloody throne!

Jin and Amani are so good together. They seemed so effortless, always there to catch each other when they fell. It was inspiring. I absolutely love their relationship. 

Shazad and SAMMMMM. Amazing side characters. Honestly the author wrote them so well. 

The way the book was written is mesmerizing. It's so vivid and I loved the format and how it allowed us to see the story from a different lens every once in a while. The ending killed me, I don't know how it's possible I have to wait a full year for the next book. 


Conclusion: Everyone should stop what they're doing and read this book!




THANKS,
YOMNA



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top