10

24 September 2017

The Hating Game by Sally Thorne | Heartwarmingly perfect {Yomna's Review}



























My rating: 4.5/5


And yes, this book warrants a happy Beyoncé gif!

NO SPOILERS!


First of all, let me start by saying that I have read a lot of hate-to-love stories. Seriously, a lot. And in all forms, including fantasy, contemporary, historical, you name it. And this is one of the best I've read, especially in the contemporary genre. Most of hate-to-love are cheesy (at least in my experience). The characters are usually the same in every book, with very little variation and originality. Which is why, my friends, I was amazed by this book. I was so surprised at how much character it had!




The characters felt so original. Not only do they jump out of the typical bad boy-good girl trope, they have so many other qualities. I feel like I know the characters after reading this book. This book also perfectly balances character and plot! The plot is quick moving and has plenty of elements besides the romance, which made it that much better. A person is wayyy more than just their love life, and this book acknowledges that. 

The writing, oh my goodness! It's so lush and descriptive and it makes you feel like (even though this is a contemporary) you've entered a new dimension of this world, with new shapes and new colors! Yes, that's how amazing this book is. Honestly, I'm fangirling so much I could write poetry about this book! 

This book has honestly restored my faith in all the hate-to-love stories and all the bad-boy-good-girl retellings. I have high standards and high hopes. I hope this doesn't mean guaranteed disappointment. 

Thanks,
Yomna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top