10

6 September 2021

Rosanna's Pick #28

Quote Highlight

You are a woman with a man inside watching a woman. You are your own voyeur.  



















The Male Gaze 
There was this trend on TikTok that highlighted what each person did unknowingly to satisfy the male gaze. At first, I thought it was funny, I related to it. And then I saw this quote which resonated with me. Maybe the comedic trend it appeared to be wasn't what it was. I had missed the whole point the TikToks were illustrating. It served to highlight something much bigger than I realised. 

I had a conversation with my dad about it over breakfast on holiday and was glad I did. To be heard. I also realised that I don't know anything about what being a woman in this society means. I have somewhat of a superficial understanding. I am hugely privileged in my ignorance. 

It is quotes like these that make me realise I need to learn more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top