10

18 June 2018

Allied by Amy Tintera {Yomna's Review}



My rating: 3/5


I really enjoyed the ending of this trilogy. These books have always been one-sitting reads for me, and I really appreciated that. I read all three books in a really short time and have almost never struggled to get into them. All in all, I have very fond feelings towards this series. I think I prefer the first two books but this one was enjoyable as well. 

I love how simple the writing is in the series. It's not super complicated or sophisticated which is sometimes good when you just need to take a break. I read this book during exam week, and it was just what I needed. I found the characters to also be simple and understandable as well. You don't need to guess at their intentions or worry they'll betray you, they're just what they say they are. I loved Emelina and Cas, as characters they were really easy to read about, and as a relationship, I adored their dynamic. I could also read a whole book about Iria and Aren, to be honest!

Despite the ease of reading this book, I feel like that didn't compromise the fact that Amy Tintera discussed some unexpectedly dark topics like morality, death, and family in this book. The fantastical elements are also really simple to understand, I think this would for someone who wants to read about a whole new but not unfamiliar world. 

Overall, a solid read, and I'm really glad I read this series!
Thanks,
Yomna 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top