10

16 June 2018

Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton | A lovely conclusion {Yomna's Review}

























I don't have coherent thoughts for this review, so welcome to the bullet-point review!

My rating: 4/5

Spoilers!

  • My only criticism of this book was that I didn't like how disposable side characters seemed to be. I feel like too many were killed. I did, however like the way their deaths were followed by this little eulogy, it made their death feel more worthwhile, I guess?
  • I loved this book. I love the way it was told. It made it feel very real and exciting. 
  • This book, unfortunately, took me a long time to read. However, I don't think this was the book's fault I think it's mostly that I didn't have time to read and that caused me to take a long time to get through. 
  • Jin and Amani were on point. The whole series has been building up to their relationship and it was honestly perfect in this book! 

  • I really like the ending; it felt very fitting for the book and the characters. 
  • I love Alwyn Hamilton's writing, she is such a wonderful storyteller. The chapters told in third person made the story seem more magical and interesting. 
  • Amani and her growth as a character in this book was perfect. I really admired the maneuverings of her mind and the choices she made. I've also always loved her power of controlling sand because it's not one I've seen in many other books or in any other book I've read at all. 
  • I liked that the ending wasn't final without being inconclusive. I think the fact that the lives of the characters don't just end after the ending, that there is a sense of continuity, is one of the best features of the ending.
  • My heart is full and happy.
  • The book was really easy to get into despite not having re-read the other books. The writing was excellent and the characters were very interesting.
Overall, I'm really glad I read this original and interesting series, I can't wait to see what Alwyn Hamilton does next! Check out my review of Rebel of the Sands, and Traitor to the Throne

Thanks,
Yomna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top