10

26 October 2018

5 Books I'm Guilty of Not Reading



Are you guilty of this too?


I know, I know, it's 2018. It's the year of progressive reading, you don't have to feel guilty of about what you read any more, whether it's a romance novel or a comic book... Don't get the wrong message guys, I am NOT trying to put myself or anyone who hasn't read these books down, I just want to share some excitement about the books I've wanted to read for a while and hopefully motivate myself to dive into these wonderful books, because I've been in a reading slump because of school. So without further ado, enjoy!



1) The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
This book has been EVERYWHERE. Literally, I cannot scroll through Twitter without seeing at least two mentions of this book. I have probably unknowingly been spoiled for this book ten times over, but I don't remember anything. The synopsis sounds so intriguing and it seems like the exact type of book I would love so I can't wait to jump into this one as soon as I can. 

2) Smoke in the Sun by Renee Ahdieh
I loved Flame in the Mist so much, and I'm dying to know what will happen to our fiery heroine in Smoke in the Sun! This book was initially on my Summer TBR (doesn't the title just scream summer?), but I ended up reading other books....and you know how it is. However, I have plans for you, book, I'm hoping to pick this one up soon.








3) Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir
I have been a devout follower of Sabaa Tahir's books since An Ember in the Ashes, so it's a huge surprise to myself that I haven't read this book. I love Laia and Elias's story and recommend it to practically EVERYONE, and besides that, I respect Sabaa Tahir as an author so much. Hopefully this book will be eaten up by my me soon enough!











4) Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
This book is on here for the same reason as The Cruel Prince, I feel like this book is perfect for me. Whenever I read the synopsis, I just know I would love it. I mean, I am just an absolute sucker for fantasy. So yeah, I'm coming for you Nevernight, just a few more years maybe.....



5) Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
Last but definitely not least is this lovely baby. I have this one haunting me on my bookshelf and every time I look its way it calls me. 

Again, this book BLEW UP on my Twitter last year especially when the author went on Jimmy Fallon (how cool is that?) and it has become a must-read. So yeah, I bought it, I have it, it's waiting very patiently, and I will get to it very soon!

Which of these have you read? What are your thoughts? Tell me everything!

Thanks, 
Yomna

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these but they look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so, I can't wait to read all of them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I gave into all the hype when it came to The Cruel Prince and am so glad I did because it was fantastic. You got some great reading ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia, I have the book (got it from my school's library) and cannot wait to start it hopefully soon. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. You have to read Children of Blood and Bone as soon as you can! It's so good. Nevernight is also one I want to read someday. Most of these are sequels so you will get around to them eventually, hopefully ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I'm so excited to finally read it this year! Yes, sequels are just so hard to reach for since I read the previous books a while ago!

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top