10

7 February 2016

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (series) by Yomna


Rating: 4.5/5


Blurb: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all. 

My review: Ugh these books were just SO GOOD though.So quotable and relatable. 

The first book was slightly better than the second.
 
Okay first of all: I would shelve this book as a contemporary romance, but also what makes it so good is that it has friendship, sisterhood, family and so many other aspects in it.

Second of all: Team Peter. Absolutely. He seems so gorgeous, inside and out and I'd love to have him. I rate boys from 0 to Peeta (because Peeta is the best thing that happened to earth). 0 is mean annoying and insensitive. Peeta is the height of all possible boy perfection. Anyways, Peter would be about a solid 8. He's not as perfect as Peeta, (Who is?) but he's charming and sweet.


He's flattered. (As he SHOULD be)

Anyways, he's a great guy.

There was a part that irritated me about this book and it was Josh's girlfriend. The whole book is about this girl finding love and taking risks and Josh and his girlfriend just really didn't reflect that for me, so it was just really sad. 

The Romance: This is such a cute lovely series and I just loved the romance between Peter and Lara Jean. Sure, this story is cliche, but the way it's written is so new and magical that I forgot about cliche.

The Culture: The author of this story, Jenny Han, is Korean-American and I really enjoyed how she showed her culture in the main character. It's just so amazing that people from so many different countries can come together and make something extraordinary (maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but I love diversity). 

Sisterhood: As I mentioned before, this story isn't just a romance, it's about many more things like sisterhood and friendship. 

Favorite Quotes: "Let's do it fucking for real, Lara Jean. Let's go all in. No more contract. No more safety net. You can break my heart. Do whatever you want with it."

"Lara Jean, I think you half fall in love with every person you meet. It's part of your charm. You're in love with love."


The Covers: I love the design, it's so cute and cool, just like the book. 

Favorite Character: Lara Jean, I just love how amazing and charming she is.
 
Least Favorite: Don't really have one.

Would recommend this book to all the cute story lovers out there!
Yomna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top