10

4 April 2016

Quote of the week #4 | Srishti's Pick

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

Alice in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland #1)

I haven't found any good blurb to offer for this amazing story so I am going to try to do it myself, so here we go! 

*clearing of throats, which leads to small chocking sounds* I am OK! 

Alice in Wonderland is an amazingly written story by British writer Lewis Carol, it is the first book of a 2 book series called Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. It follows young girl Alice's first journey in Wonderland where she finds herself after chasing and falling through a hole, looking at a mysterious rabbit. She finds herself in a mad world where nothing is impossible. Follow her through Lewis Carol's extraordinary story in her adventures where everyone and probably including the reader is mad. But aren't all the best people mad?

2 comments:

  1. Love this quote! When I think of quotes from Alice in Wonderland, I usually think of the exchange between Alice and Cheshire that goes something like "if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." I think that's a paraphrase but the scene is still my favourite from the story :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked that encounter too. When people think of Alice in Wonderland quotes they usually think of "We are all mad here" or "All the best people are [mad]". When I chose this quote I wanted it too reflect the book as much as possible. I thoight the main theme was individuality, and this quote showed that. (OMG now I am getting all boring and analysing the book, đŸ˜‚). I couldn't just pick one scene from the story that I absolutely adored because the whole story was anazing; but that scene was one of my favourites.And I don't know too if that is how the quote actually goes but who cares đŸ˜‰

      Delete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top