10

3 April 2016

Unpopular Book Opinions

Spoilers!


History: The unpopular opinions book tag was actually on booktube, a booktuber called The Book Archer created a set of questions for booktubers to answer about their unpopular book opinions. I saw several videos of the this, the original, amongst others, and I really wanted to do it, but I'm not a booktuber so I decided to answer all the questions in a blog post. 

So here you go! Enjoy!

A popular book or series that you do not like:
The Maze Runner series by James Dashner. I tried to read this series one summer but it never worked out for me. It was slow and I guess I was just tired of books that are basically clones of The Hunger Games, I read a whole lot of dystopian and most of them are amazing and creative, unlike The Maze Runner. Also, just for the record, I do not like The Maze Runner movies either. 

A popular book or series that everyone seems to hate but you love:
Two answers for this one:
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey: Now I LOVE this book. It was so good. I loved the suspense and just think that it was so quotable and fascinating. Unfortunately, a lot of other people don't. Srishti herself doesn't like this book. She says there's too much suspense. Other people don't like it because it's like a puzzle and you have to keep figure stuff out. But I loved it and I will defend it. 
The Heir by Kiera Cass: Now I don't think this book is really that hated but a lot of people think Eadlyn is selfish and arrogant. I disagree completely. She's going to be a queen and she knows it. Sure, she could be more modest but I think she's a really strong character because she's in this position where she feels she might get hurt and someone will threaten her power so she has to look intimidating. I will love Eadlyn forever. Can't wait for The Crown! 

A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with or an OTP that you don't like:
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
I've seen so many people on twitter and instagram and goodreads talking about how Mare should end up with Maven and I just don't like it. Team Cal forever. I don't like the idea and I really hope it doesn't happen ever though I think it probably will. At the end of Glass Sword: Mare is taken by Maven and Maven's mother dies. First of all, we know that Maven's mother basically controlled him. What is he without her? We'll have to wait and see. Second of all, it seems like Mare and Maven will be spending a lot of time together so yeah. Anyways, as of now I do not support this ship and it's going to take Victoria Aveyard some serious convincing to get me to. 

A popular book genre that you hardly reach for:
Contemporary. I prefer fantasy and magic. It's not that I don't read contemporary, because I read plenty of it, I'm just less likely to gravitate towards it. Fantasy, yes. Dystopia, yes. Other, yes. Contemporary, nah. 
A popular character that you do not like:
I don't know what to say for this one. hmmm. Mr.Darcy. I actually haven't read Pride and Prejudice, but I've seen the movie, and I don't want to. Mr.Darcy is such an awkward personality and it seemed like the actor got paid just to be expressionless throughout the whole movie. Sorry, Mr.Darcy. 
A popular author that you just can't seem to get into:
John Green. I've read The Fault in Our Stars, of course (it'd be a crime not to), but I just have never been able to get into his other books. I tried Looking for Alaska and I just don't feel tempted to read any of his other books. Also, check out our review of The Fault in Our Stars here.

A popular book trope you're sick and tired of seeing:
LOVE TRIANGLES. 
STOP. 
I just want characters to choose someone and be done with it. And I absolutely hate it when there's a love triangle in a book that already has very little romance. It's ridiculous. 

A popular series that you have no interest in reading:
The Mortal Instruments/ infernal thingys and other books by Cassandra Clare.
I'm not really that invested in demon hunting at all. Plus there was this whole spoiler going around about people being siblings and then that turning out not to be true so yeah, keep that away from me. 

The saying goes, "The book is always better than the movie" but what movie or TV show adaption was better than the book?
Divergent. 
When I read the book, it was slow and tiring and time-consuming. The movie, though, flew by. It was incredible and amazing.
Don't get me started on the other movies of the Divergent series though, because I HATED them. But anyways, Divergent was freaking awesome. 

AND DONE!!! So that was my unpopular opinions post. If you want to do it, but you're not a booktuber do not hesitate and do it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top