10

19 August 2016

Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Philips {Yomna's Review}


Just excuse the hideous cover, the book is amaaaaazing...

My rating: 4/5

 



A sexy sexy novel with great and compelling characters and a masterfully pulled together plot, Susan Elizabeth Philips' books - as The Huffington Post put it - really are a "gateway drug to the whole {romance} genre". 

 “I don't love you anymore", she whispered. "I don't

 love you at all." His throat closed. "It's all right,

 sweetheart. I love you enough for both of us.” 


Okay let's get started. 

At first, I was turned off by this book, I don't know particularly why. Maybe because I'm not super familiar with New Adult books or maybe I was just.....extremely turned off by the cover? Okay, I don't know what I'm trying to express.  

Alex is sexy af. I love him. (Totally not just his body). No, but seriously, I think he's a freaking amazing character (with a freaking amazing body, and gorgeous abs and hair and.... okay you get the point.), I really loved the character development he went through in this book, especially his realizing that not knowing how to love wasn't an actual thing. 


I also loved Daisy. She was really hilarious. And I like she learned to be stronger and better, instead of being the shell of the person she could be.

I loved the animals in this book. It was so lovely how a human could have that kind of relationship with an animal. I'm totally going to go befriending a tiger now. It's kind of weird how in the beginning she {Daisy} totally had a no-animal rule but now she's all animal rights, which I think is a great thing and a great example that people change. 

I think the whole Russian history was really cool. It's really a cool thing to think about, but the truth is, it's extremely unlikely that someone would be the apparent heir to the Russian crown. 

Furthermore, this book was awesome and I strongly recommend it. It's a really fast read and has a great conclusion!

“Don't dare a person who has nothing

 else left to lose.”

thanks,
yomna

didn't capitalize on purpose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top