10

26 August 2016

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins {Yomna's Review}



My rating: 3.6/5 

Good, but didn't give me all the feels

Spoiler(ish) things

I was tempted to give this book a 4/5, but unfortunately I had some small issues with it. Let's start with the positives. 

I strongly recommend this book, it was light, funny, romantic, and really good. 

Harper Price is hilarious, her attitude towards life is amazing and as a character, so fun to read. 

David Starks is the real deal though. Talk about boyfriend goals. I need him with me right now. He's so charming and sweet. And I like the nerdy secretly hot boy whole thing going on. 

“The great thing about best friends is that they know you really well. And the terrible thing about best friends is that they know YOU really well.” 

Saylor, Bee, Ryan and the whole list of supporting characters were amazing. I felt really sorry for Ryan though, because in the end of the book he just seemed really sad and I felt really bad for loving David. 

Favorite part was definitely when Harper saw David's drawings where he drew her and he just said 'I like to draw people'. Haha, nobody fell for that David. 

I need Bee though. I can't believe Blythe literally kidnapped her. 

“If by ‘graciously volunteered,’ you mean ‘was threatened and coerced,’ then yes, I did,” 

The only thing that I didn't particularly love about this book was the lack of feels it gave me. I know it's supposed to be funny and all, but there were a few moments in there that could've been written better to hit me harder. 

I don't know if I want to read the second book. I certainly won't read it now because September is soon and it's a very busy month for books (Hello, Empire of Storms) and so I don't think I will have the time. 

For now though, I am reading The Deviants by CJ Skuse, an arc I received from MilaInk (thanks guys) so expect a review on that very soon. 

Love, 
Yomna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top