10

22 August 2016

The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye {Yomna's Review}



My rating: 4/5





First of all, I'm so Team Nikolai. He's adorable and amazing and smart and I love him as a character. Vika + Nikolai are the ultimate power couple of this story.

This story was great. I flew through it. I loved the Russian mythology, the magic, the romance (although I do wish there was more kissing) and almost everything about it.

The setting was spectacular. And because of I read this story in what I feel was the right time, when I needed a story, this story really gave me all the feels and hit me at all the right spots.

"She was a diamond in a quarry full of quartz."

The cover of this book is so gorgeous. The detail and everything about is just so fitting with the story the words tell. A+ cover design.

Evelyn Skye's writing is detailed, fascinating and clearly inspired. Although this book is her debut, it is a masterpiece. She writes characters so beautiful and impressive I just want to reach out and touch them (especially Nikolai ;) ), talk to them and just go through their incredible journey with them. This story shows a lot of promise, and I'm eagerly anticipating the sequel. I hope it's just as good as this one.

My favorite character was probably Vika, mostly because to me she felt like the main character and the center of the story, and I'm always cliche and will often go with the main character when picking favorites.

The ending was good in that there's no way I could not pick up the sequel now. But still, urghh. I need more.

This is the kind of book that goes by too too fast, and the words are done before you're ready for them to be. The universe and the dynamics of the book just captivated me and I wanted to linger for a little longer. Of course, that's how it goes with good stories. It is something all us bookworms have to go through (unfortunately).

"As soon as Vika floated into the ballroom, he’d felt her pull. She was the sun, and he was a mere rock, drawn in by her gravity. He needed to be closer, to feel her magic, to touch ."

Also worth noting that I went into this book dreading the love triangle, but it was much less stressful than I thought it would be. But I have taken a side, and the battle must commence.

Strongly recommend this book, it's so easy to read and really entertaining.
Love,
Yomna


Designed by Freepik

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top