10

26 June 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday #5 | House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas

Can't Wait Wednesday is hosted by Wishful Endings. You can click on the preceding link or the picture above to access the website.

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that I am a big fan of Sarah J Maas. I wrote a post defending her writing and have read and loved almost all of her books. I acknowledge the flaws in her work, but I choose to love her books despite these flaws. I don't exactly think flaws should make a book unreadable, there's something to be said about imperfect literature which makes you aware of issues in the work but is still entertaining nonetheless. The last book I read from her was Kingdom of Ash, which was so emotionally packed I was walking around in a daze for days after, so shaken by the fictional events. Honestly, it was so good I felt mildly traumatized by how real it felt. SJM is one of the few writers who can do that to me as a reader and I really loved that. Additionally, I was stunned by how important the characters had become to me.

Anyways, that is all to say, I loved a good Sarah J Maas read. Her books are long and at times slow-paced, but it's a read for enjoyment when you have the time and effort to learn a whole new world and fall in love with some incredibly built characters who grow as you read along. Her skill in writing and both plot and character development is honestly unparallelled. So, that leads to my excitement for House of Earth and Blood, which is my Can't Wait Wednesday pick this week. 

I haven't read much of the synopsis because I do like to be surprised (although SJM will surprise me anyway to be honest), but it seems like another epic fantasy with Maas' signature touch of romance. It sounds like a really exciting read and I'm ready for more of her writing. Also, I absolutely ADORE that cover. Ladies and gentlemen, please treat yourself and zoom in on those STUNNING details, I think it's honestly one the best book covers done for any of her books. It also definitely sparks my curiosity: why is there a moon on it, for example? And why is it red and beige? And why is a bird perched on the woman's hands? Why is it called House of Earth and Blood? The title is very interesting and I can't wait to uncover its meaning. It looks absolutely magical and enchanting which makes me so impatient to have it in my hand. Not to mention, it definitely will not be an eyesore when I display it on my shelf. For those who know nothing about this book, check out the cover and synopsis below!

Half-Fae, half-human Bryce Quinlan loves her life. By day, she works for an antiquities dealer, selling barely legal magical artifacts, and by night, she parties with her friends, savouring every pleasure Lunathion—otherwise known as Crescent City— has to offer. But it all comes crumbling down when a ruthless murder shakes the very foundations of the city—and Bryce’s world.

Two years later, her job has become a dead end, and she now seeks only blissful oblivion in the city’s most notorious nightclubs. But when the murderer attacks again, Bryce finds herself dragged into the investigation and paired with an infamous Fallen angel whose own brutal past haunts his every step.

Hunt Athalar, personal assassin for the Archangels, wants nothing to do with Bryce Quinlan, despite being ordered to protect her. She stands for everything he once rebelled against and seems more interested in partying than solving the murder, no matter how close to home it might hit. But Hunt soon realizes there’s far more to Bryce than meets the eye—and that he’s going to have to find a way to work with her if they want to solve this case.


Have you guys heard of this book? If yes, are you excited too? Are you interested in Sarah J Maas' work? What did you think of her last few books? Let me know in the comments below and tell me what other books you're excited for as well!

Check out my reviews for all of Sarah J Maas' Books below:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
Heir of Fire
Queen of Shadows
Empire of Storms
Tower of Dawn
Kingdom of Ash

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so excited for a new series from her!

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I'm excited for another Sarah J. Maas book too! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm actually dying from the ancticipation!

      Delete
  3. That cover is gorgeous and this story sounds magical and exciting! Thanks for sharing!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll check it out!

      Delete
  4. Have heard of Sarah, of course, but not this book in particular. It does sound AMAZING -- I haven't read her work before but I think I might need to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, her stories are honestly so captivating and interesting!

      Delete
  5. I enjoy SJM's books as well so this sounds fantastic to me. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel your excitement about this book. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us all your thoughts!

 

Reading Witches Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang. This blog is © by Reading Witches.

Back to Top